The single most important influence on an organization’s health and productivity is its leadership. Whether you are a new front line supervisor, a work group leader, or a seasoned executive manager, your journey to leadership excellence is one that never ends. Let PDS support you on your journey through its programs and services designed for new or experienced leaders as well as for those aspiring to formal leadership roles.
New Supervisor Essentials
For newly appointed supervisors, this full day program is offered every 1-2 months based on demand and includes:
- Leadership tips and resources
- A panel of supervisors to answer your questions and share lessons learned
- An overview from the Office of Employee Relations with important information that every supervisor at MSU needs to know
- Guidelines around employee leaves programs
- Rich discussion on a variety of supervisory and leadership topics
This program has been discontinued. A new leadership curriculum will be announced soon!
Leadership Connection is a listserve providing resources to a community of MSU leaders at all levels who are interested in gaining support, sharing ideas and collaboratively pursueing professional development.
An program for high level leaders jointly sponsored by Human Resources and Academic Human Resources, to provide opportunities for high quality cross-campus leadership development and dialogue. Activities are free of charge to all participants.
Sites that provide quick tips and other opportunities for ongoing learning.
One-on-one coaching to enhance your management and/or leadership skills may be available.